Thursday, October 6, 2011

The Ugliest Card. Ever.

I made the monster below for this week's Hambo Hoedown and CPS Sketch #238.  The challenge is to use a technique on the card that begins with the first letter of your first name.  My mind immediately went to TIE-DYE!   Epic genius, right?   Fail.  The idea sounded so fantastic in my head.

I got the card colored and hated it.  At this point, I was committed.  So, thanks to the gaudy tie-dye and a horrid watercolor mixture it is *insert introductory trumpets*  THE.UGLIEST.CARD.EVER.   Now I {puffy heart} it.  Ok, no...really don't.  It's terrible.

Seriously, though?  Committed, so here it is.



I'm not even going to provide a supply list...because you don't want to make this card.  However, don't let this horrific execution fool you.  Flower Monster is adorable when used properly.  If you *love* him as much as I do, head on over to Hambo and pick him up.

......

 

.......


/Facepalm.

8 comments:

  1. Tara, don't be so hard on yourself, because I think your card turned out adorably! And holy moly TIE DYE?!?! What an awesome idea :) I think this little monster looks great as a hippie ;) Thanks for playing along this week at the Hoedown!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm laughing right now, because I totally came over here from the little linky picture at the Hoedown...I thought, WOW! How cool is that little tie dye Monster!? I have to get the details...lol! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I love your creative genius :) Thanks for playing along with us this week...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so funky, I LOVE IT!! You can't hate it, it's wonderfully unique! Thanks for joining us at Hambo Stamps, hope you join us again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, ladies. I would like to say that I kept him and posted him (even mailed him!) because the awfullness grew in me so much that I couldn't help but love this ugly little thing. :0 D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you are being very hard on yourself, because this is adorable! Thanks for playing at CPS this week!! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. It made me throw up in my mouth a little.
    Just kidding! I think it is really cute and I'm am impressed with your imagination and taking those ideas and doing them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tara, you are crazy!! I ADORE this card! It really stood out in the little thumbnails and I had to come right over, just like Karin, to see more. I love this idea and think you nailed the tie dye look perfectly! (And the Hoedown challenge too!) So glad to see you back this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think your monster would take the "ugliest card ever" comment as a compliment...monsters aren't supposed to be "cute," are they?! :) I think he's rather adorable (but don't tell him I said that...)!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews