Thursday, October 13, 2011

All Wrapped Up: Hambo Hoedown

This week's Hambo Hoedown challenges to use the fantastic Halloween color combination of black, purple, orange, and green.  I used the Hambo digi All Wrapped Up digi to complete this challenge.  I haven't quite decided yet if I like the card.  I made a lot of mistakes (i.e. Hello, upside down sentiment!), but I really do like this color scheme.

Welcome our little mummy:


 The card base is Papertrey Ink's black cardstock.  The pattern paper is Moxxie.  The black and purple layers under the Mummy are Recollections plain.  I stamped the spider webs onto the cardstock using a stamp Recollections Halloween set.  I stamped the spider webs using Memento Tuxedo Black and Papertrey Ink's Fresh Snow.


The Trick or Treat ribbon is Celebrate It Halloween.


 I colored using Copics E000, YR09, YR07, YR04, C7, C5, and G02.


The sentiment comes with the All Wrapped Up digi.

Oh!!  ...and Stickles.  Frosted Lace on the Mummy.  Rust and Black on the pumpkin.

Thanks for looking!

5 comments:

  1. I really like how you did the spider web with two different colors based on the background. Did you do that with masking to another technique? I love the details like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! That is just straight stamping. They are two different layers, so I stamped them before I stuck 'em together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tara - this is an awesome card! I love that ribbon and the way you layered the webs. I am a Stickles fan too!! So glad to see you back at the Hoedown~!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the patterned papers...Totally fun card :) Not sure if your sentiment is hanging by the twine (So great in those Halloween colors!) but if you put a glue dot behind it and turn it the other way you'll be good to go! I love it...Thanks for playing along with us at the Hoedown :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super fun ribbon! Love how you colored the Mummy too! Thanks for joining us at the Hoedown!:)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews