Friday, October 14, 2011

My First YNS Challenge and CPS 239

Like many of the challenges, Your Next Stamp has entered by register as another first for me this month.  I've decided I need to take a break from card making.  I've been making 1-2 cards a day ever since Dad went into the hospital.  I'm seeing my crafty exhaustion portrayed in this card.  =o )

So, I'm new to YNS.  The YNS team is offering a free digi as part of this challenge to allow us n00bs the opportunity to play along.  THANKS, YNS!  I took this opportunity to also complete CPS Sketch #239.

The YNS challenge was a Halloween theme and below is CPS Sketch #239:


Here is my take on both challenges:


I used so many different stamps on this card.  First of all, this cute little Witch is from Your Next Stamp.  The 'Splats' on the moon are from Recollections Splats set.  The clouds are from The Cat's Pajamas Camping set.  The swirls are from a Recollections border set. 
 

I used Memento's Long Fog to splat the moon and Memento's Tuxedo Black on the swirls and the clouds.  I then swirled Papertrey Ink's fresh snow ink within the clouds for a floaty effect.  I really like it.  I'll do it again.


I colored Witchy with Copics: Cy, YR09, YR07, YR04, V09, V06, V04, YG09, YG07, YG04, R22, Y18, Y15, E11, E00, E000, E57, and E55.

No Stickles.  I know.  Tragic.  It's been a long week and I'm tired.  I skipped out on the Stickles to save time.  I'm sure I'll regret it in the morning.  =o )

Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

  1. I love your take on that fun sketch! This is so cute! Thanks for joining in all our YNS Halloween fun for challenge #53! I understand your need for stickles...I'm a glitter gal too!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews