Thursday, June 14, 2012

Snowpeople Wedding Invitations

You may look at the title of this post and assume you're about to see Winter themed Wedding invitations.  Well, not exactly.

Two of my favorite people are getting married in October, and it just so happens their last name is (and will be) Snow.

I offered to make them their Wedding invitations.  Here is what I came up with for the invitations and R.S.V.P. cards:

 

I printed the invitation and R.S.V.P. cards using my good ol' HP 3100 on Papertrey Ink's White Cardstock.


R.S.V.P. cards:


The heart stamp on the R.S.V.P. cards is from Papertrey Ink's Love & Marriage stamp set.


I mounted the printed invitation on Papertrey Ink's black cardstock and put corners over the edges.  The corners are cutout using EK Success' photo corner punch.


The flourishes are from a stamp set I got "way back in the day" and it was not a name brand.  I don't have the package anymore, so I can't tell you who made them.  It was a clearance rack score at one of my favorite paper crafty supply stores. (R.I.P. Memories on Fifth.)  I stamped the flourish using Stampin' Up!'s Cherry Cobbler.  I had to stamp each flourish twice (stamping, then stamping again over the same image) to get the coverage that I wanted.


I originally tried using self-adhesive rhinestones, but they kept falling off.  So I bought some bulk 4mm rhinestones from Amazon.com and adhered them using Scotch's Quick-Dry Adhesive.  (This is quickly becoming my favorite adhesive!)  

Note:  This adhesive comes out really quick, so I painted the glue on the invitation where I wanted the rhinestones using a small paint brush.  I then positioned the rhinestone over the glue and set using an x-acto knife.


So, there you have it!  100 Snowpeople invitations.


Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews